Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Fat and Old, but still tumbling!!

Okay so.. the company that owns my school has a talent show every year, and last year they gave out gold bricks to the winners. This is my first year with my school, and I'm going HARD for this talent show. Show me the gold! I want the gold! I'm doing a gymnastics slash all-star cheerleading routine (yes, back in the day I was a gymnast and college cheerleader - my university was the national champion). So I'm a few years older, a few pounds heavier, and have lost a lot of flexibility.. but still trying to recapture some of my youth.

Today, I worked on my routine and cleaned it up a little. I'm opening with a triple toe back, and imagine the look on all those thin Vietnamese faces in the crowd when this big, old, fat white man opens up with this. I got a video of it today, and you can see it by clicking the following link:


Tell me what ya think :) P.S. The vid cuts off a little early, but I promise you I did stick the landing on that back tuck.. several times, actually. And you KNOW I'm gonna be hurtin' tomorrow!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Dani and Nick said...

Having lived here for a while now I am giggling at the responses you are getting when they see this. They double over with laughter when I speak......I can only imagine what the do when you tumble!

March 21, 2012 at 8:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I can only imagine, too. But I want a gold brick! haha

March 21, 2012 at 8:42 PM  
Blogger Sonny said...

Holy crap, you look like defense line man, but you are light your feet! Hopefully you are able to record the final routine and upload it.

March 26, 2012 at 5:07 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

haha best comment ever!! Yeah, I'll for sure record the whole thing because it'll be the last time I EVER do gymnastics again. Too old and too fat for all this!!

March 26, 2012 at 6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home