Sunday, October 26, 2008

Forty-year record

I understated the rain a bit. On Friday, the most rainfall in a day in forty years was recorded here in Biên Hòa, the city I live in. The water was waist deep near Coopmart, the local department store slash supermarket slash electronics' store. I didn't realize how much it rained due to my staying inside all day and resting. Indeed, a wise decision.

Today has been a good day. I taught a class this morning at KTV at 7:45 (yes, on Sunday). I picked up Ms. Patsy on the way to work. I must get a picture of us together on my motorbike before she leaves in a few weeks. We both need a visual reminder of our "fun" times together on that thing. I will miss her when she departs this wonderful third-world country.

At any rate, the class this morning was wonderful. I taught it with Sophia, who has been generous to me since I've arrived. Following that, I taught a Phonics class for forty-five minutes. After perusing for my keys for fifteen minutes before realizing that Mr. Duong at the front gate had found them, I along with my counterpart, Ms. Patsy, were off to her home. I dropped her off at hers, then cruised to mine. Andy called me and invited me to lunch. I haven't hung out with him in a long time so it was good to see him. We had a good talk about things, and he came back to my apartment to surf the internet and visit.



In the afternoon, we had a teachers' meeting at KTV, followed afterward with coffee and a light dinner. Trang was going to cook bò lúc lắc for me tonight, but it's raining again now so the plans have been canceled, sadly. I will settle for making noodles with my electric kettle.

Ah, the dvd player that Sophia's dad sold me broke last week, so today I gave it back to her and asked her if her dad could take a look at it. I am now watching my Will and Grace dvds on my laptop. Not the same, but it'll do. Also, there is this fantastic television station called Star World, and it has all American tv shows like Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, SNL, Ugly Betty, Ellen, Friends, etc. It's my saving grace here! So that's what I'll be doing for the rest of the evening, unless Long and Trang stop by IF it stops raining. Welcome to the tropics. Meh :/

1 Comments:

Blogger jessie_mcbloggerson said...

Hiiiii Friend! Ahhhhhhhh! I'm so happy to see you blogging about your adventures.

October 27, 2008 at 9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home