Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Tasty Crocodile Meat

I'm becoming adventurous in my old age.. as far as food is concerned, anyway. Since I've been here, I have eaten goat meat, and I must say that it is very delicious. My problem with a lot of food is that I am allergic to so many things. I am allergic to any seafood or freshwater fish or animals, etc., any poultry, peanuts, hazelnut, and now I can add crocodile meat to that list. Yes, I know they live in water, but I didn't think about that before I popped a morsel in my mouth this afternoon. My first thought was, "Hey! I am gonna try this!" My second thought was, "Hey! This is delicious!" My third thought was, "DAMN! I can't breathe!" So I immediately went home (I was at Mr. Mark and Ms. Patsy's home at the time) and downed a benadryl to combat the reaction. Luckily, that coupled with some therapy from Ms. Patsy did the trick. Unfortunately, the benadryl, as it is known to do, put me to sleep. Long came over, and we were supposed to go to lunch, but I passed out. We ended up eating an early dinner at Coopmart, where my helmet was stolen in the underground motorbike parking garage - ugh!! However, there are two positives from the allergic reaction situation: One, I only ate a tiny piece of meat so the reaction wasn't too painful and didn't last too long. Two, I only took one benadryl so I was able to make it (mostly of sound mind) to my class tonight at KTV. I'm still groggy from the benadryl I swallowed earlier so I am calling it an early night tonight - at 8pm. TTFN!

2 Comments:

Blogger jessie_mcbloggerson said...

ah, friend, what a lousy experience. but tell me, does crocodile taste as good as alligator? or is alligator also on your "things that may cause my demise" list?

October 29, 2008 at 3:03 AM  
Blogger Patsy said...

How about giving Ms Patsy some real credit for reducing your symptoms with EFT? Did it work or was it too embarrassing?

November 1, 2008 at 1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home