Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas from Vietnam

Let me start off with last night's parties. I met my New World class last night at a karaoke bar and proceeded to drink pitchers (not glasses) of beer. Two important notations: Ms. Patsy made an appearance and the manager hit on Tyler. Aside from that, below are some pictures below of the gala.

After that, I met Joo Hyun (my Korean older brother) at Sophia's dvd shop (tiem bang video). At that time, Vietnam's soccer team had defeated Thailand 2-1 so the streets were CRAZY with people celebrating. As we awaited Sophia's arrival to take us to her party, I snapped a few pics. Side note: Santa sure is skinny in Vietnam!

After waiting for Sophia for an hour, we all ventured off to her house once again for food and karaoke. We all stayed up until after 4am and sang our hearts out. Ms. Patsy, Mr. Mark, and Mr. Nick joined in. Unfortunately, this was Ms. Patsy's last night in Bien Hoa. I gave her a big hug at the end of the night. Luckily, I was intoxicated so I didn't feel much emotionally. I'll deal with those feelings another time. Really, I'll miss her... a lot.


And finally, when I did manage to wake up, I met Ms. Giao and Mr. Minh for coffee at our usual spot. It was, of course, 90 degrees today so I surely did take a photo in my shorts drinking iced coffee.. at Christmas time. Only in Vietnam! In the evening, Hoang (English name Trust) stopped by my apartment to hang out a bit. We went to his friend's house and ate and drank to celebrate Christmas. Unfortunately, I didn't bring my camera to the party, but I did get a photo of Trust working out on my cardio machine. And with that, it is time for bed as I am tutoring Dao and Duc in the morning. And to all, a good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home