Sunday, January 4, 2009

Dentist Day

Happy Sunday!! This morning I woke up without a voice. Really, I couldn't speak. However, that didn't stop me from having pho with Mr. Mark. So, for once, he did all of the talking. ha! Miraculously, my voice made an appearance after eating pho so I was okay to teach a morning shift at KTV after breakfast.

Then... dun dun dunnnn.... I went to the dentist. My visit lasted an hour, and let me tell you what all I had done and how much it cost. I got two fillings and got molded for teeth bleaching and a new crown. The two fillings, teeth bleaching, and crown altogether cost a little over $100. Can you even believe that?? One filling alone in the USA is what? A good $200? And I've had two crowns, and one of those was $1,000. Seriously, if you need dental work, come to Vietnam. Buying a plane ticket will still be cheaper than having work done in America. So tomorrow, I will go back for my mold for my teeth bleaching, and Tuesday I will go back for my crown. Man, I LOOOOOVE Vietnam!! Everything here is so damn cheap.

This evening, Trust and his cousin, Quyen, came over, and we had dinner together. I bought bokbunja (Korean red wine), and they brought cow soup. We all had a very good time and enjoyed each other's company. I had to borrow chopsticks, spoons, and bowls from my "family" because I was ill equipped in the food utensils department.


After that, Uy and his friend, Ethan, who now lives in America invited me out to drink... some more. Ethan totally bailed on us, but Uy and I partied it up with his friends at this club. It was a good time had by all, and I made some very good friends. I was inebriated from the Korean wine so I was surely in a state of drunkeness at the club. Below are a few snapshots that I really don't remember taking, but enjoy all the same..


And now, I'm drunk... yet again... and it's time for bed. Good night.

1 Comments:

Blogger C+C said...

re: Dentist-
I just hope it's not one of those "ya get what ya pay for" situations...

January 8, 2009 at 4:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home