Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Inspired

I traveled with Co Mai, Mr. Phuong, and Ti to Phat Quang Temple to celebrate the New Year. I ended up staying the night, hence why I didn't write in my blog yesterday. I made so many new friends with the monks and nuns, and I had such an amazing time. My em trai, Tien, and I got to spend a lot of time together so I'm happy about that. I gained so much knowledge from one of the head monks and my great friend, Mr. Ban. I'm just so overwhelmed with emotion and spirituality right now. No, I'm not Buddhist, but do I really need to be to have an amazing spiritual experience? My life... is blessed. I'll post a few pics below and then tell you how and where I spent the night sleeping :) Enjoy!

My new friends.


Some of the monks and me in their room.


The wonderful Mr. Ban.


The American girls and me.


A wonderful, new friend.

Handsome Tien modeling his coat.


Brothers.

So Tien was working the lift, which is the cable car contraption that transports people and things up and down the mountain. It was a chilly night, and we spent the night sleeping on a top bunk under a mosquito net in the chilly night air. Truthfully, it was wonderful!
Our bunk.

Tien setting up the mosquito net.

Under the mosquito net.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home