Saturday, March 7, 2009

A Very Good Day

This morning I taught a class at KTV. Afterward, I met Tai at the train station as he arrived by taxi from Saigon. We watched a movie, hung out, and had lunch. While at lunch, it rained.. and rained.. and rained. We walked to a local restaurant. Coming back, the road was completely flooded almost up to my knees. Luckily, by the time it was time to go to work, the water had subsided. I taught two classes tonight at KTV. I'm tired... and miss my friend.





Gotta work in the morning. Afterward, Sophia and I are going to Dao and Duc's father's funeral. He passed away. I have become close with the family as I was tutoring both Dao and Duc in the mornings. Not even two months ago, his father was healthy. Suddenly on a routine test, he was diagnosed with cancer. My heart goes out to them. I haven't blogged about it until now because almost 2 years to the day (tomorrow, actually) I lost my stepfather to cancer. I guess this all is bringing up some memories, but I just want to be a good friend to Dao and Duc now and help the family with anything they need.

Time for bed. Good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home