Sunday, April 26, 2009

Thank You for Being a Friend

If you know me well, you know that I have gone to bed just about every night since 1992 with The Golden Girls playing in first my vcr, then dvd player, and now laptop. I have every episode now on dvd and have had every episode on vhs for 17 years, and can recite to anyone word for word any scene or even entire episode from the show.

Having said that, today marks a sad day as Bea Arthur, who played Dorothy on The Golden Girls, passed away from cancer. I know it's borderline facetious, but I really feel like I've lost a friend. For 17 years, I've bonded with the actors of this sitcom. Only nine months ago, all four "girls" were living. Last July, Estelle Getty - Sophia - died. Today, her daughter on the show, Dorothy, is gone.

So, Bea... Dorothy Zbornak... for 17 years... thank you for being a friend to me! You will be missed.






    follow me on Twitter


    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home