Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Distancing Myself

I've always been the type of person who surrounds myself with positivity and tries to share that energy with those around me. I am a firm believer that you are responsible for your own feelings: If you want to be happy, you will be.. and vice versa. When I encounter people who are unhappy with their lives and make a conscious choice to not benefit from an experience and fail to take the positive out of that experience, I find myself putting a wall up because I don't want to be sucked into their negativity. I don't know if it's selfishness on my part or me just trying to protect the good light around me, but I don't have much use for people who complain about their situation and offer no solution to their problems. So, yes, I'm that guy who is always friendly and happy and gravitates to the same kind of person.

So why write this blog? I guess it's because I'm trying to decifer two ideas. One: When you're young and trying to figure yourself out, of course complaining is a natural part of life. I get that. What I don't understand is people who are past that point or who should be past that point and continue such behavior. Second, I'm trying to figure out if this makes me a selfish person. I cut myself off from people who exude negativity. Do I cut them off because I simply don't have use for them because I don't want to be drawn in to their complaining, gossiping and unhappiness due to selfish reasons? These are things I have been thinking about lately. The latter being the easier one to figure out because I don't know that I'll ever understand someone past their late twenties who still complains about a situation that he or she has complete control over.

Just some things I'm thinking about today :)


    follow me on Twitter


    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home