Sunday, January 3, 2010

Mr. Hau and Miss Huyen's Wedding

While I've been here in Vietnam, I've made some wonderful friends. Two of my special friends, Hau and Huyen (her English name is Rose) got married last Saturday. Mr. Hau owns several businesses around town, and Rose is a piano teacher. When I first met her, I thought she was a model as she's so tall and beautiful. They are both very sweet people, and their wedding party, which was held at The Golden Palace - a new, upscale restaurant slash wedding party extravaganza establishment here in Bien Hoa - was fantastic!

Vietnamese weddings are intriguing in the sense that instead of giving a gift, you give a cash donation with the envelope. This helps the couple pay for the party, and it allows you entry into the affair with all the beer you can drink, food you can eat, and music you can listen to. These gatherings are always entertaining!!

Please note that I did take advantage of the "bottomless beer" menu and drank myself into a drunken display of attention - surprising, right? The band was a mariachi band from the Philippines so all their songs were in English... AND I knew them ALL! So the more liquid courage I poured inside my body, the closer I inched myself to the stage and debated on singing. No debate, really.
A slight observation:
this was NOT a free-for-all karaoke type of party!! This was a distinguished who's who of Bien Hoa City with a hired live band event! After a few more beers, you can guess which inebriated individual hopped up on stage to sing with the Filipino mariachi wedding band. Twas I! The song choice: I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston.

Enjoy the photos!

A group photo of the couple and the guests I arrived with

Here I am with Lily and Sophia
Hey!
And there I go...
First verse. The singer next to me isn't looking so entertained, is she?And here are the other singers. I totally stole their thunder. Sorry, girls!
They were so lovely to let me sing with them.
Home sweet home after the wedding party. There's just something strange about my eyes in this pic.. hmm...
Joo Hyun and me..



    follow me on Twitter


    3 Comments:

    Blogger Unknown said...

    hmmm, I think you need to post a video of the song!!

    January 3, 2010 at 5:30 AM  
    Blogger Unknown said...

    haha um.. To my knowledge, there's no video. However, I've said that before, and it never fails that a video pops up of "Drunken Mike" either dancing, singing, or kissing someone. Oh dear....

    January 3, 2010 at 7:29 AM  
    Blogger Maroussia said...

    It will be great to watch The Wedding Singer, i have bought tickets from
    http://ticketfront.com/event/The_Wedding_Singer-tickets looking forward to it.

    June 11, 2010 at 6:33 PM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home