Sunday, December 19, 2010

It's Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas

So, a little backstory on the city I live in: When the North was fighting with the South, all the Catholics fleed from the North to my city of Bien Hoa where they could freely practice their religion. From what I've been told, and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, Vietnam is around 80% Buddhist. However, in my city, it's overwhelmingly Catholic! I just moved to a Catholic parish, and here's what my street looks like at night. Not much compared to American standards, but it's really a sight here in 'Nam. Next year, I'm gonna rock it out American-style with the Christmas lights!!

The view from my balcony down the small street (alley) live on.

That's right! I even have some strands going up my house. Just wait until next year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home