Saturday, February 19, 2011

My Residence Card

I have been working REALLY hard on this for a while. After being BOOTED out of South Korea when the new administration took over in 2008, I am OVER THE MOON to have finally obtained my residence card here in Vietnam, especially since I've established a great life here the past two and half years!

So what's this mean? Well, for one, it means I'm secure with my resident status here for the next twelve years, and I don't have to continuously get work visas here to live, leave, or re-enter the country!! And there are some other privileges, but those are the main two I'm happy about. No more worrying about documents, useless and random hospital visits, or surprise 'kick-outs' out of the country.

I had to do a LOT of ground work back in the states with documents and health checks blah blah. Thankfully, I have an AMAZING dad who took care of all that for me since I was over here and couldn't get back home to take care of all of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home