Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Bad Thunderstorm

This morning at about 5am, I was awakened by heavy rain bombarding my roof. It didn't let up until a good two hours later. I've never seen anything like it since I evacuated for Hurricanes Katrina and Rita. Usually, I have to be at school at 6:45am, but there was no way my little scooter would have made it out of my flooded alley way at that time. It finally let up about 7:15, and I was able to go into work. I took a screen shot of the radar, and this thing looks like a huge thunderstorm that you'd see back in the states. Keep in mind that Vietnam doesn't have the best drainage infrastructure so everything floods when it rains a bit, not to mention from the kind of thunderstorm we had this morning. Did anyone else experience that? Wow!



    follow me on Twitter

    2 Comments:

    Anonymous Paul said...

    On the beach all day up here in Dong Hoi. Didn't realise it had been so bad until we saw this from you tweet.

    February 22, 2012 at 6:54 PM  
    Blogger Unknown said...

    Oh, it was a mess!! It's been beautiful and hot down here ever since, though.

    February 24, 2012 at 6:12 PM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home