Saturday, February 18, 2012

I'm Going Home (for 3 weeks)

Since I've been living in Vietnam (almost four years now), I haven't been back to the states. I get a vacation in June, and I'm finally going back home to visit as I have a 20-year high school reunion to attend. I have a few hours' layover at LAX, where I'll meet up with my great friend, Holly, who now lives there. Then I'll fly into Houston where my other wonderful friend, Sasha, will pick me up. We'll hang out in Houston for the weekend before driving over to Louisiana, which is where I'm from. The last weekend in June, I'll go visit an old friend, Toan, in NYC before flying back to home sweet home in Vietnam. I KNOW I'll miss my friends and significant other in Vietnam for the three weeks I'm gone, but I absolutely can't WAIT to go back home and see my family and friends there.

I wonder if I'll have reverse culture shock. If anyone reading this had been away from home a few years before returning back, how was it? How did you deal with it? I'm kinda nervous that I've forgotten American culture and will just bow to everyone when I see them back home. That's not gonna go down well in the dirty South. ha!

Diet and weight loss regime begin... IMMEDIATELY!!

    follow me on Twitter

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home